12/08/2003

blurgh....

I had a tea this morning and the caffeine is totally making me nauseous. Miz G suggested I make some bay leaf tea (3 bay leaves steeped for 5 minutes, stir in some sugar and voila!) and it's working. ...slowly...

I've had a recurring problem with caffeine ever since that time I overdosed on coffee. It was back one morning in my first year of university while I was cramming for an exam. I had 8 cups of coffee and half a pack of cigarettes in 2.5 hours. I managed to just pass the exam (though my hands shook like crazy) and gagged and lurched at all food smells until 6 AM the next day. Since then, I've quit smoking (mostly) but the tantalizing lure of caffeine seems to get to me every so often. I had a latte yesterday at Jet Fuel and was fine until I took a few sips of orange pekoe this morning.

I still feel icky-ish...but it's subsiding...

Update about my friend: Boyfriend was released on bail and they will be getting some counselling and help to try and figure out what to do about all this. Friend has promised me she will seek individual counselling (ourside of what she'll do to help her boyfriend), though it may not be with the number I gave her. She also told her family and his and everyone is being supportive. PHEW! I'm so proud of her. I think I'm going to cry...

No comments: