11/17/2003

cranking your head into a wall hurts

This morning Oscar barfed all over my bedroom floor. The dumb mutt decided to scarf down all his morning food before Poupee The Glutton (the cat) got into it and ate it so fast it upset his tummy. As I was scrambling to clean it up and make it to work on time, I smashed the side of my head into the corner part of a wall. I now have a lovely egg shaped bump. It actually sounded like my head cracked. It didn't but it sure sounded bad.

This has happened before.

Back in 1996/1997, I was living alone around Avenue Road and Dupont. Was a work evening, and I decided to vaccuum my kitchen where I had neglected to close all the cupboard doors. I was leaning down to pick up a scrap of something, and stood up. The corner of one of those cupboard doors made contact with the top of my head and the next thing I knew I was lying on the floor and the Poupee was sitting on my chest meowing at me.

Oh...and there was this other time when I woke up at 3 in the morning for a drink of water. Kirk and I had moved in together a few months earlier into a 1 bedroom apartment in a swank hive-type building on Bay Street. We had a 2nd room off of the living room that was all windowed and termed The Solarium. Well, the window in that room was usually open to get the air ciculating, but that night it was freezing, so I decided to close it. I took one step into the room and slightly fractured my nose by smashing it into the closed sliding glass door that enclosed the room. I ended up with 2 slightly black eyes. Of course no one believed me when my response to their "What happened?" was "I walked into a door"; including the doctor at the walk in clinic who checked it.

No comments: