Kirk and I are getting married on October 29, 2005. A Hallowe'en wedding. I'm so excited I could pee! I haven't planned a real party in YEARS.
As I mentioned before, My dad is STOKED, so our meal will be standard Italian-Canadian fare. I'm already kinda feeling full just thinking about it:
- Open bar from 5:00pm to 1:00am
- Hot and cold hors d'oeuvres
- Champagne toast (Huzzah!)
- Red and white wine as well as mineral water on each table (mmm...wine...)
- Caesar salad (We're forgoing the usual prosciutto, melon and marinated seafood salad. Kirk's family is Scottish/German and don't really think of squid as food)
- Two kinds of pasta (one with red sauce and one with white. c'mon people ya gadda give 'em options)
- Chicken and steak (guests get to choose either, or OR BOTH!) with roasted potatoes and steamed veggies
- Scoop of lemon sorbet (to cleanse the palate) and coffee
- 10:30pm Sweet table (instead of wedding cake) and more coffee
- Oh yeah, did I mention OPEN BAR ???
We did a great deal with the banquet hall so it looks like we're going to be able to keep to a pretty reasonable budget. I haven't started clothes shopping yet, but Kirk and I have talked it over and we both dig the idea of Edward Gorey/Tim Burton/Edardian gothic/Harvest as inspiration for the colour palette. Using black, deep purple and burgundy, with touches of mint, cream. coffee and cognac on the invitations, bridal party's clothes, tables and the ceremony. Oh, and I can't forget about the candles. LOTS AND LOTS of candles.