1/20/2004

BAD BLOGGER

Well as you can see, blogging has certainly not been on my list of priorities of late. Things have been a lit-tle crazy.

I've been working on getting some new pics of my artwork up on my .mac website (well...still working on it). Last week I finished a portrait of my pup Oscar and I thought it was about time that some recent stuff got up there. Frankly, I think it's my best work so far. The 8-10 hours a week I spend at Katrina's private studio has REALLY paid off. The whole time I was painting it, I felt so amazingly confident. When I was done it took my breath away - I thought "Wow, I'm a real artist". CRAZY.

I also started a new part-time gig, well, short-term actually. I'll be coordinating (with Steve) the Contact Photography Festival for one of the local BIA's. Basically we have until the 30th of the month to get all the venues and photographers together, which will be a little tight but we don't care 'cause it's going to be KICKASS! Oh, did I mention that I'm going to enter a few of my own photos in the exhibition? WOOOHOOO!!!!! I'll get to hang with my friends, throw a few opening parties and have my work seen by hundreds of people over the whole month of May!

I've been wanting to exhibit a show of my paintings for a while now, but haven't really felt ready to do it. This newest painting (photos soon - I promise) is definitely showable, so I just need to paint many more of them (I'm thinking of a series of pet portraits) to have enough to have an actual exhibition - but then this opportunity arose to show some of my digital photography off (most of my photos were taken with the hope of turning them into paintings someday). So, now here's a chance to cut my teeth without having the time to really worry too much about it. I'll have a kajillion other things on the coordination side (thanks goodness) to preoccupy my obsessively churning mind.

The other thing that's frickin' awesome about all this is that it's the perfect opportunity to take my corporate(whore)-world skillz and apply them to something in the arts community.

Oh yeah...and it PAYS :)

...sigh...

Life is pretty damned good right now, I must say. Now I just have to figure out how to get some of that shit thrown Ren's way...hmmm...ideas?

No comments: